Every business faces competition in its specialty and market. To compete effectively, not only does it need a unique, identifiable service or product but also needs to stand out in other ways. This unique presentation is the Brand.
Business Identity is the way you present your brand. This is how your business is presented through various media in an easily identifiable manner. The business message and identity should come through and be memorable. Business identity looks at presenting a business in a uniform, attractive way creating a positive and memorable impression.
What does a business identity consist of?
Business identity is the presentation of business through various elements which easily refer to the business. Some of the elements that identify your business are
- The Logo - This has to be a graphical identifier for your business whether used in print or online presentations.
- The Tag line - This identifies your position with respect to your offer, your customers and your competition.
- Business Card - An essential tool for communicating your brand as part of your networking efforts. It should have all your identity information including address, email, phone numbers and these days some social media info if it is relevant to your type of business.
- Brochure - An important element in presenting an overview of your offer.
- Stationary - Used commonly for a variety of communication or work related activities, this must easily identify with your brand.
- Email Signature - This must be standardized for all communications to make it easy to contact your business.
- Website - There are elements of your website which uniquely present your brand. This includes your logo, tag line, information, icons and so on.
- Coffee Mugs
This is an important process before finalization of the unique identity selected. A number of important factors need to be considered
- The logo - It is the most important image of your business.
- The tagline - It has to be short and memorable, and it is in perfect synch with the logo.
- The typography/font to be used - It has to be readable and has to be decided for each element.
- The color scheme - This is important as it decides the look and feel and how the elements stand with each other.
- The texture - This has to do with the print elements.
- The iconography - This will be used in your stationary, business cards, brochures and the websites.
The perfect business identity design is one which does not surprise but meets expectations and links perfectly to your brand.
Jane M Cooke has helped businesses with Identity solutions since 2004. If you are looking for a professional Business Identity Design visit us at Dharne & Company.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jane_M_Cooke